As many as 12 million Americans suffer from the disabling symptoms of fibromyalgia. Although this condition still remains somewhat of a mystery, researchers have agreed upon a few reasons why it may occur. These include:
- Genetics – Particular genes seem to occur more often in those suffering from fibromyalgia.
- Stress – One thing that may trigger the above-mentioned genes to flare up can be extreme emotional or physical stress.
- Lack of proper sleep – When one is not well rested, pain threshold is lowered. Therefore, not sleeping well can create or exacerbate the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Sickness – Onset of fibromyalgia frequently occurs after one suffers from a serious illness.
- Anxiety and depression – These are common symptoms of fibromyalgia, causing researchers to wonder if they are actually part of the cause rather than symptoms.
- Physical trauma
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and fibromyalgia download our complimentary e-book Simple and Extremely Effective Ways to End Fibromyalgia Symptoms without Drugs by clicking the image below.
Does Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care Help Fibromyalgia?
A connection has been seen between those suffering from fibromyalgia and previous injuries to the head or neck. This is why physical trauma is listed as a possible cause. When one receives a blow to the head or neck, the C1 or C2 vertebra may move out of position. They are susceptible to misalignments due to their mobility. This is the area of the neck is where the brain meets the spinal cord, and it is an important part of the body when it comes to communication with the brain.
Research has revealed that when those suffering from fibromyalgia received care from an upper cervical chiropractor, in many cases symptoms improved. Some even saw their fibromyalgia go away and not return. How is this accomplished?
At Pancake Wellness Center, we use a gentle technique that does not add any pain to the already debilitating symptoms of fibromyalgia. We do not pop or crack the spine or neck, but rather encourage the bones to move back into place naturally. Once this is accomplished, communication is restored throughout the body, and fibromyalgia is just one of many conditions that may be helped.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Pancake call (407) 846-9355 or just click the button below.