Fibromyalgia is characterized by widespread pain throughout the body, accompanied by problems sleeping, feeling moody or agitated, experiencing depression and anxiety, and more. It is possibly caused by a problem with the nerves not reacting properly to stimulation. In fact, the nerves relay the message to the brain that there is a lot of pain when there is actually little or no pain.
Are there any home remedies that can help a person cope with the intensity of fibromyalgia symptoms? One major problem with fibromyalgia seems to be sleep issues. Here are a few suggestions for getting better rest:
- A routine – go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.
- Don’t drink – by not drinking anything 4 hours before bed, a nighttime trip to the bathroom will be unnecessary.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and fibromyalgia download our complimentary e-book Simple and Extremely Effective Ways to End Fibromyalgia Symptoms without Drugs by clicking the image below.
- No electronics – remove all phones, tablets, and the TV from the sleeping area.
- Turn off the lights – even a small light from a clock or plugged in electronics may interfere with sleep.
- Relax before bed – do something like reading, coloring, or another calming activity.
- Stay away from caffeine and alcohol – especially at night
Here are some lifestyle changes that are recommended for fibromyalgia sufferers:
- Do some regular, mild exercise, like bike riding or walking
- Manage your stress through emotional care
- Quit smoking
- Routinely stretch your muscles
- Swim or do water aerobics
- Try to improve your posture
- Use ice to reduce swelling and heat to increase blood flow and healing
- Avoid stress as much as possible
Upper Cervical Chiropractic Can Help Alleviate Fibromyalgia Symptoms
While the above suggestions are helpful, they will not alleviate or reverse nerve damage that is already done. To do this, the underlying cause must be addressed. Often, this has to do with a misalignment in the upper neck, the top two vertebrae. If a misalignment exists here, it can be hindering the nervous system from doing its job properly. Once the misalignment is corrected, the body has better conditions in which to heal itself. Patients in clinical trials have seen much improvement in their symptoms after having their misaligned neck corrected. Some have even seen their fibromyalgia become a thing of the past.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Pancake call (407) 846-9355 or just click the button below.