Natural Treatment Options offer Relief for Vertigo Sufferers
Vertigo is a condition that affects many people not only in Florida, but across the US. The statistics on vertigo show that;
- Vertigo happens in 5-10% of people and jumps to 40% if older than 40.1
- Vertigo accounts for 2.5% of all emergency room visits from 1995-2004.2
There is no known singular cause of Vertigo; however it is known what parts of the body are affected. There is a system in the body which regulates orientation and balance known as the Vestibular System.3 This is a small part of the Central Nervous System (CNS) which is composed of the brain and spinal cord. The middle ear contains fluid and crystals that communicate to the CNS and brain which can get distorted causing Vertigo symptoms.
The traditional medical treatment involves prescription and pharmacological treatment options for Vertigo, these options are typically powerful drugs with notable side effects. Natural treatment options involve certain exercises in hope of training the brain to cope with the body’s inability to adapt as it normally should. More patients are seeking natural treatment for vertigo. One doctor in Colorado has come up with a way of doing somersaults to reset the fluid in crystals in the ear to treat Vertigo.4
Vertigo specialist Dr. Scott Pancake, is helping patients get natural relief from vertigo in Kissimmee, Florida. Dr Pancake is an Upper Cervical Chiropractor that focuses on the Atlas Bone (C1 vertebra). The Atlas bone can have a profound effect on balance issues if it is misaligned as it is connected to the Eustachian tube in the ear. When the Atlas is out of its normal position it can distort the normal function of the ear as it relates to balance.
In a clinical study of 60 patients with Vertigo receiving Upper Cervical Chiropractic care 48 patients had total resolution of symptoms and the remaining 12 patients had reductions in the severity of vertigo symptoms.5
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and vertigo download our complimentary e-book How to Naturally Relieve Vertigo without Drugs by clicking the image below.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Pancake call (407) 846-9355 or just click the button below.
- Friedman M, Hamid MA, Samy HM.. Dizziness, Vertigo, and Imbalance.. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2149881-overview (accessed 29 May 2015).
- Kerber KA, Meurer WJ, West BT, Fendrick AM. Dizziness presentations in U.S. emergency departments, 1995-2004. Acad Emerg Med. Aug 2008;15(8):744-50.
- Voron, Stephen. “The Vestibular System”. University of Utah School of Medicine.
- CBS News Denver. Colorado Doctor Finds Way To Treat Common Vertigo. http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/04/23/colorado-doctor-finds-way-to-treat-common-vertigo/ (accessed 28 May 2015).
Elster E. Sixty patients with chronic vertigo undergoing upper cervical chiropractic care to correct vertebral subluxation: a retrospective analysis. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, Nov. 8, 2006:1-9.